On October 25, 2021, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, in conjunction with the Ministry of Commerce and the General Administration of Customs, issued the List of Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) that Are Controlled for Import and Export in China (hereinafter referred to the List) in accordance with the Regulation on the Administration of Ozone Depleting Substances and the Administrative Measures for the Import and Export of Ozone Depleting Substances, for the purpose of fulfilling obligations specified by the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer and the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer and the Amendment thereto. The first to sixth batches of the List of Ozone Depleting Substances that Are Controlled for Import and Export in China published previously shall be simultaneously repealed.
The import and export license administration system
From November 1, 2021, substances enumerated in the List shall be subject to the import and export license administration system. Any enterprise engaged in the import and export of substances enumerated in the List shall make an application in accordance with the provisions of the Administration of Ozone Depleting Substances and the Administrative Measures for the Import and Export of Ozone Depleting Substances. With the approval of the National Administration Office of Import and Export of Ozone Depleting Substances, enterprises shall apply for an import and export license to the Ministry of Commerce or the license-issuing institution entrusted by the Ministry of Commerce and undergo customs clearance procedures based on its import and export license.
If products are included in the List of Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) that Are Controlled for Import and Export in China, you shall check whether products are under other restrictions such as the Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals. If listed, corresponding obligations shall be met such as registration and permit application.
Regulations and standards
► Ministry of Ecology and Environment of the P.R.C
► Ministry of Commerce of the P.R.C
► General Administration of Customs of the P.R.C
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- Search the website below:
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest version (in Excel)
- CIRS Group can provide one-stop services for chemical import compliance. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of regulatory compliance and obligation;
- New chemical substances registration;
- Hazardous chemicals registration;
- Operating license of hazardous chemicals;
- Operating license (record filing) of precursor chemicals;
- Import Licenses for Dual-use Items and Technologies;
- Imported painting record filing;
- Chinese GHS SDSs and labels;
- Report on hazard classification and identification.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.