In accordance with the Regulations on the Safety Management of Hazardous Chemicals (Order No.591 of the State Council), precursor chemicals are not explosives but can be used as raw materials or supplementary materials in explosive manufacture.
Explosive precursors are hazardous chemicals listed in the Catalog of Explosive Precursors. Unless otherwise specified, all substances are pure, except for mixtures with indicated concentrations in the Catalog. In addition to the listed entries, the inorganic salts category includes anhydrous compounds and crystalline hydrates.
Enterprises manufacturing, operating and using explosive precursors shall meet the following requirements:
1. Explosive precursors shall meet the requirements of hazardous chemicals: Enterprises importing, manufacturing or operating hazardous chemicals shall obtain the hazardous chemical registration certificate in accordance with the Measures for the Administration of Registration of Hazardous Chemicals. Enterprises manufacturing chemicals that are listed in the Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals or meet the 70% principle shall obtain the permits for safe production of hazardous chemicals. Enterprises operating these chemicals shall obtain permits for business operation of hazardous chemicals. Enterprises using these chemicals shall obtain permits for the safe use of hazardous chemicals according to actual circumstances.
2. Enterprises engaged in the management of explosive precursors shall record the quantity and circulation of precursor chemicals in their operations and storages. Moreover, safety precautions shall be adopted to prevent loss or theft.In the event of any loss or theft of explosive precusors, reports shall be made to the local public security organ.
3. Enterprises that have obtain the permits for safe production of hazardous chemicals, and the permits for business operation of hazardous chemicals according to the law shall purchase explosives precursors with the relevant permits. Manufacturers of civil explosives shall purchase explosives precursors with the permits for the production of civil explosives. Other entities except the preceding enterprises shall present the legal use statements when purchasing explosive precursors.
If products have been listed in the Catalog of Explosive Precursors, it is necessary to check whether these products are included in other lists. If listed, relevant obligations shall be met at the same time such as the permits application or record.
Regulations and standards
► Regulations on the Safety Management of Hazardous Chemicals (Order No.591 of the State Council)
► Measures for the Administration of Registration of Hazardous Chemicals (Order No. 53 of the State Administration of Work Safety)
► Measures for the Implementation of Work Safety Licenses of Hazardous Chemical Production Enterprises (Order No. 41 of the State Administration of Work Safety)
► Measures for the Administration of the Permits for Trading in Hazardous Chemicals (Order No. 79 of the State Administration of Work Safety)
► Measures for the Implementation of the Permits for the Safe Use of Hazardous Chemicals (Order No. 57 of the State Administration of Work Safety)
► Announcement on Issues Concerning the Inspection and Supervision of Imported and Exported Hazardous Chemicals and the Packaging Thereof
► Measures for the Public Security Management of Explosives Precursors (Order No. 154 of the Ministry of Public Security)
► Ministry of Emergency Management
► Ministry of Public Security
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- Search on the official website:
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest version (in Excel)
- SDS review
- Registration of hazardous chemicals
- Agent for the 24h China emergency telephone number for chemical incidents
- Chinese GHS SDSs and labels compilation
- Information inquiry of data and classification of chemicals under the Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.