The list of Controlled Chemicals in Taiwan is regulated by the Regulations Governing Designation and Handling Permission of controlled Chemicals (hereinafter referred to as the Regulations) under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Regulations came into effect on January 1, 2015, and the List of Controlled Chemical Substances in Taiwan is included in Annex 1 of the Regulations.
► According to the Regulations, enterprises shall apply for permission from competent authority before manufacturing, importing, supplying, using or disposing of chemicals that have been included in the List. No relevant activities are allowed without permit. With the permit, enterprises shall regularly update its operational information and provide it to the relevant information website. Permit documents and related application information shall be kept on file for at least five years for reference. Exposure profile of employees shall be established and kept on file for at least ten years for reference.
Regulations and standards
► Regulation for Governing Designation and Handling Permission of Controlled Chemicals (Dec 31, 2014)
► Simplified Guidebook for Permit Application of Controlled Chemicals (Jun, 2022)
► General Instructions for the Regulations Governing Designation and Handling Permission of Controlled Chemicals (Dec 31, 2014)
► Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Ministry of Labor in Taiwan
- Hazardous industrial waste;
- Tobacco or tobacco products;
- Food, beverages, medications, and cosmetics;
- Finished goods;
- General consumer goods for non-industrial purposes in daily life;
- Fire extinguisher;
- The intermediate product of a chemical reaction that is currently taking place in a reactor or process;
- Other items designated by the central competent authority.
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- Search on the official website:
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest version (in Excel)
- Consulting and training services
- New Chemical Substance Search
- Data assessment and data gap analysis (including testing data assessment).
- Commissioned testing service
- Existing substance pre-registration and late pre-registration
- Existing substance standard registratio
- New substance registration (in compliance with both TCSCA and OSHA): standard registration, simplified registration and its extension, small quantity registration and its extension, Pre-listing consultation, etc.
- Chemical safety report (CSR) compilation
- Preparation of SDS and label in compliance with Taiwan GHS
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.