Chemical substances in the Inventory of Existing Chemical Substances in China (IECSC) consist of two parts. The first part contains chemical substances that have been produced, sold, processed, used, or imported in China before October 15, 2003. The second part contains chemical substances that were included after October 15, 2003, based on the relevant regulations on environmental management of new chemical substances.There are a total of 45,612 substances in the IECSC (2013). The Ministry of Ecology and Environment will make supplements to the IECSC irregularly. Click here to search for the details of previous updates:
►Chemical substances not listed in the IECSC are new chemical substances and require environmental management registrations before manufacture or import,which includes regular registration, simplified registration, record, and environmental management registration for new uses.
► Chemical substances listed in the IECSC that are subject to new uses in environmental management, used for industrial purposes other than permitted uses, shall apply for the environmental management registration for new uses.
► Enterprises that have completed the registration shall carry out post-registration management according to the relevant requirements based on the registration type.
Click here to search for the details:
If the products have been listed in the IECSC, you shall check whether these products are included in other lists such as the Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals and the Catalogue of precursor chemicals, etc. If listed, related obligations shall be met, including registration and permits, etc.
Regulations and standards
► Measures for the Environmental Management Registration of New Chemical Substances (Order No.12 of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment)
► Guidance for the Environmental Management Registration of New Chemical Substances
► Ministry of Ecology and Environment of the P.R.C
► China Solid Waste and Chemicals Management
► Departments on ecology and environment at all levels
The following products or substances are exempted from the IECSC:
- Medicines, pesticides, veterinary medicines, cosmetics, food, food additives, feed, feed additives and fertilizers, etc. However, the new chemical substances which are used for other industrial uses or used as raw materials and intermediates of the above products shall be governed by the IECSC;
- Radioactive substances;
- Natural substances;
- Substances that are manufactured for commercial purposes or unintentional use;
- Materials, alloys, and non-classified intermediates; and
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- IECSC (2013) is available here.
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest IECSC (excel format).
- Consulting and training services on China new chemical substances
- Customized solutions on compliance of new chemical substances in China
- Enquiry of new chemical substances in China
- New chemical registration (record, simplified registration, regular registration)
- Laboratory consignment and coordination
- Evaluation on alternative methods (QSAR, Read-Across, WOE)
- Compilation of risk assessment report on new chemical substances
- Notifications for supplementing substances in IECSC
- Agents for notification and registration certificate management
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.