Taiwan’s EPA announced the List of Priority Existing Chemical Substances(PEC) subject to standard registration in Taiwan (First Batch) (hereinafter referred to as the List) in which includes 106 substances and in the Annex IX of the Regulation of New and Existing Chemical Substances Registration (revised on November 23, 2021). Enterprises manufacturing/importing PECs with a quantity above 1 ton/year shall submit standard registration within the designated deadlines.
Click here to search for more details:
Regulations and standards
► Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Taiwan
► Bureau of Toxic and Chemical Substances of EPA, Taiwan
The regulation shall not apply to any of the following substances or articles:
The following substances are exempted:
- Substances which occur in nature;
- Chemical substances in machines or equipment for test run purposes;
- Inseparable intermediates from chemical reactions in the reaction vessel or production process;
- Chemical substances for national security or national defense purposes;
- Chemical substances under customs supervision;
- Chemical wastes produced or released from industrial process;
- By-products or impurities that are of no commercial application;
- Mixtures; but individual constituents of mixtures shall not be applied to the Article;
- Polymers that the 2% Rule is applicable and listed on the inventory of existing chemical substances;
- Other substances or articles already regulated by relevant laws and regulations such as agro-pesticides, feeds, fertilizers and medicaments;
- On-site isolated intermediates.
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- Search Annex IX of the Regulation of New and Existing Chemical Substances Registration (revision on November 23, 2021)
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest version (in Excel)
- Consultancy and training service
- Search for new chemical substances in Taiwan
- Data evaluation (including test data evaluation)
- Test consignment service
- Pre-registration and late pre-registration services for existing chemical substances
- Standard registration for existing chemical substances
- Registration for new chemical substances in Taiwan (in compliance with TCSCA and OSHA): standard registration, simplified registration and its extension, small volume registration and its extension, PLC pre-approval, etc.
- Hazard assessment and exposure assessment (CSR)
- Preparation of SDS and label in compliance with Taiwan GHS
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.