The List of priority control substances in Korea are chemicals that are considered to be harmful to human health and the environment by the Korean Ministry of Environment under the K-REACH Regulation. These chemicals are strictly regulated and managed by the Korean government.
In accordance with K-REACH Regulation, priority control substances refer to:
(1) Substances that may be carcinogenic, mutagenic, toxic for reproduction or disruptive to endocrine system of human beings or animals;
(2) Substances that are easily accumulated in the bodies of human beings, animals or plants, and remains in the environment for a long period of time;
(3) Substances that may damage organs of human beings if they are exposed for a long period of time or repeatedly to such substances;
(4) Substances that may pose the same or higher level of serious risks to human beings, animals or plants compared with the above substances.
List of priority control substances includes 2 inventories. Inventory 1:substances listed in Appendix 1, which will come into effect on July 1, 2019(a 3-month transitional period); Inventory 2: substances listed in Appendix 2, which will come into effect on July 1, 2021.
Substances under priority control in No.646-699 are subject to relevant requirements under Article 32 and 35 and will come into effect on January 1, 2024.
Enterprises that produce or import any product containing any substances under priority control shall report to the authority before they produce or import products that meet both of the following requirements:
(a) The content of the individual substance of priority control in per product exceeds 0.1% weight by weight;
(b) The gross weight by substance of substances of priority control contained in the total products exceeds1 t/y.
Regulations and standards
► Korean Ministry of Environment (MOE)
How to obtain the list?
- Click here to search for the latest inventory
- Contact CIRS Group to purchase the latest version (in Excel)
- K-REACH Only Representative
- K-REACH (late) Pre-registration
- K-REACH Registration
- K-REACH consultancy and training service
- New substance search
- K-REACH Registration Exemption Application
- Risk assessment report
- Review and translation of test report
- Korean SDS and label preparation
- KOSHA new substance registration
- Korean GLP commission service
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.